- Jun 24th – 26th, 2022
- Friday: 7:30pm
- Saturday: 1:00pm
- Sunday: 6:30pm
Saturday 2nd Go: 9:00pm
- General: $26.10
- Children 6 & under: free
- Get Tickets
Weekend Pass: $107.31 CAD
Youth: $14.49 CAD
- Bull Riding
- Cowgirl's Barrel Racing
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Steer Wrestling
- Team Roping
- Tie Down Roping
The 69th Annual Wainwright Stampede and Rodeo will be held on Friday, June 24th – Sunday, June 26th, 2022 in Wainwright, Alberta. This Wainwright rodeo is held at Wainwright Rodeo Grounds.
* PRO TOUR
Wainwright Is In The Top 5 Largest Pro Rodeos In Canada
Wainwright, Alberta T9W
Slack: June 23 @ 8am SW, TDR, BAW, TR, LBR
Permits: Yes – BB, SB, BR, TDR, SW, TR, BAW
Full Cards Only: LBR
Purse Major Events: $12,000 ($8,000 Header, $8,000 Heeler)
Purse BAW: $4,000
Purse JSR: $1,500
Memberships Due: June 1 @4pm
Online Entries: June 5 @8am - June 6 @2pm
CRES Entries: June 6 @8am-2pm
Grace Period: June 6 @3pm-4pm
Callback: Will be available on member login & website
1. SB, BB, BR - Maximum thirty-six (36) contestants in each event, top 100 blended CPRA/PRCA standings, as of May 30, 2022 will be used to determine draw outs. If the qualifications are not filled by contestants with dollars won leaving open positions; the remaining openings will be filled by a random draw of card holders then semi-pro card holders.
2. SB, BB, BR SW, TDR, TR, LBR, BAW - one go round with finals.
3. LBR pattern will be harrowed during the performances at the discretion of the committee, LBR director and Official Judges.
4. No portable pens to be erected until after completion of slack Thursday June 23rd. Failure to comply will result in a two hundred and fifty ($250.00) fine.
1. $4,000 will be held out of the six (6) major events, $6,000 in TR and $1000 in the BAW for the finals.
2. An additional $50 will be added to all fees (except steer riding) to be added to the finals purse to a maximum of $6,000 (including the committee purse) in six (6) major events, $8,000 in TR and $2,000 in BAW. Remainder to be split between long go and aggregate.
3. LBR will run slowest to fastest in finals.
4. No finals in the steer riding.
5. Four (4) monies to be paid in finals.
6. The top ten (10) in each event will compete in the Finals Sunday June 26, 2022.
7. Current CPRA standings as of June 17, 2022 will be used to break any ties for the top ten (10) contestants/event in finals.
Turning out of Finals:
1. Contestants who turn out of finals must notify the local office by Sunday June 26, 2022 no later than 12:00pm noon MDT.
2. Contestants who are notified turn out or contestants who are unavailable at the start of the section of their event will be replaced by the next available contestant; next is identified by the 2022 Wainwright Stampede Standings.
3. Wainwright Stampede reserves the right to roll contestants into the finals (to total 10 contestants) in the event of turn outs.
In the case of ties, tie breaker rules decide the next contestant into the finals due to turnouts will be as follows: Current CPRA standings as of June 17, 2022 will be used to break any ties for the ten (10) contestants/event in finals.
4. Contestants who are rolled into the finals due to turnouts must have a qualified ride/time.
- Infield track gate will be closed Friday at 4:00pm sharp.
- Buckles in all events.
- All horses are to be kept outside of rodeo arena one hour prior and during slack, and while the tractor is in the infield. Only the next contestant to go is to have their horse(s) in arena.
- Pre-conditioning of cattle will be Wednesday June 22th, at 7:00pm
SB, BB, BR: $200
TDR, SW: $250
+CRES & other associate fees with be charged in addition to all entry fees as per the rule book.
*BR – Does not include Day Money.