- Aug 11th – 14th, 2022
- Thursday: 8:00am
- Friday: 9:00am
- Saturday: 9:00am
- Sunday: 9:00am
- General: 50.00-65.00
- Get Tickets
Friday Or Saturday – Adult $65.00
Sunday – Adult $50.00
Friday Or Saturday – Child (5-17 years) $20
Sunday – Child (5-17 years) $15
Friday Or Saturday – Pensioner $55
Sunday – Pensioner $40
Friday Or Saturday – Family (2+2) $150
Sunday – Family (2+2) $115
Child under the age of 4 are free!
3 DAY PASS
3 Day Pass – Adult $149
3 Day Pass – Child $45
3 Day Pass – Pensioner $125
3 Day Pass – Family (2+2) $343
3 DAY PASS Platinum Pass $390
Gold Pass $290
- Rope and Tie
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Steer Wrestling
- Team Roping
The Mount Isa Rodeo will be held on Thursday, August 11th – Sunday, August 14th, 2022 in Mount Isa, Queensland. This Mount Isa rodeo is held at Buchanan Park Events Complex.
The rodeo action kicks off in the main arena from 8:30 through to lunchtime.
Grab some lunch and browse the market, there is plenty to see and do.
- Contact: Information
- Phone: (617) 474-3270
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: CENTRAL ENTRY NUMBER:
- Phone: (746) 614-766
- Website: https://www.isarodeo.com.au/mount-isa-mines-rodeo/
- Website: https://www.prorodeo.com.au/index.cfm?display=rodeo&rodeo_id=920
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/isarodeo/
Mount Isa, Queensland 4825
NOTES: 1. Add back timed events $110, BR $128, SB BB $100.
2. For full details on entries, restrictions, event details, camping and ground rules please refer to this listing below. It is the competitors’ responsibility to ensure they have read these full details prior to entering.
3. Entries for Mount Isa Rodeo are online only via www.isarodeo.com.au. They are open strictly from 11 July - 31 July 2022. Any queries with online entries please refer to the Mount Isa Rodeo on 0434107797.
4. Championship Points Rodeo
5. Team Roping and Over 55s Team Roping is one run per person (team entry). Each person must enter separately, nominate whether they are heading or heeling and include their partner's name and membership number.
6. Sections of the Junior, 2nd division events and all timed events will commence on Thursday morning.
7. Open bull ride, bareback, and saddle bronc riding contests commence Friday night, 13th August.
8. $1500 bonus to All Around Cowboy and Cowgirl. The competitor who wins the most money in 2 or more events will be the All Around. If no one wins money in 2 events, it goes to the competitor who wins the most money in 1 event but competes in 2 or more events. Conditions apply: to be eligible for the All Around cash bonus, and competitors must complete a 20-minute autograph signing session in Fan Zone and participation in the Street Parade held on Wednesday 10th August 2022. Please make contact with Katy Scott for more information or see Mount Isa Secretary’s office on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday before the rodeo.
9. Open Bareback - 1 round and final or 2 full rounds.
10. Jnr Team Roping and Jnr Breakaway Roping – 1 round only
11. Junior Barrel Race, Junior Steer Ride & Junior Bull Ride - 1 round and a final.
12. All 2nd Division Events, Open Saddle Bronc Ride and Ladies Breakaway Roping - 1 round and a final.
13. Rope & Tie, Steer Wrestling, Team Roping and Ladies Barrel Race - 2 full rounds.
14. Open Bull Ride 2 full rounds and a final.
15. The Committee reserves the right to limit entries in open rough stock events. 2nd division Bull Ride may be limited to 80 entries. Refer to website listing for further details.
16. No glass bottles are permitted on the grounds.
17. If you are listed to participate in the Grand Entry and do not appear or are late, the committee reserves the right to cancel you from any further competition and/or impose a $100 fine.
18. Competitors MUST wear wristbands at all times. Only APRA Members will receive a Companion Band. Day members will receive their competitor band only.
19. Over 40s Bull Ride – must be a member of the Over 40s Bull Riding Association. Enquiries to Larry Cooper 0407557514. Helmets are mandatory.
20. Local Station Buckjump – First 30 nominations; & Mini Bulls, entries to the committee through the electronic portal.
21. Buckles and sashes will be presented in the arena immediately following the Finals of each event.
22. All prize money will be paid by direct deposit into nominated bank accounts in the week following the rodeo.
23. CAMPING CONDITIONS: Free Camping is for Open, Junior and Day Members competitors. Other family members travelling with competitors will be charged $10 per adult per a night and $5 per child per night (aged 7 and over) their family only and will be cross-referenced from the list of nominations for eligibility. No camping before Sunday 7th of August. Camping is free, however, there is no power available. This year, all those wishing to camp at Buchanan Park must register via isarodeo.com.au when nominating by July 31st. Appropriate site size will be determined by the size of the vehicle and the number of horses. All sites must be registered. If you do not register, you may not be guaranteed a spot. Everyone may be required to sign in via the QLD QR COVID Safe Check in App.
24. All vehicles (including competitors) are to display an IRL Vehicle Pass on the driver’s side dash.
25. No visitor’s vehicles are permitted in competitor camping area.
26. Dogs are to be on a leash at all times. A minimum $150.00 on the spot fine will be issued if dogs are not secure - no exceptions.
27. A ‘No Barking’ rule applies.
28. Noise levels in the competitor camping area to be ceased by 10 pm each night.
29. No campfires permitted.
30. All plug-in electrical equipment that is used must have a certified test tag displayed on them.
31. There will be a separate area for spectator camping. See www.isarodeo.com.au for site booking details.
32. All horses in the camping area inside the race track must be placed in permanent stables between 7 pm to 8 am Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, and 11 am to 5 pm Thursday.
33. No horses to be in electric fences on the outside fence of the race track between 11 am and 5 pm on Thursday 7th August.
34. Competitors arriving on Thursday 11th August for the competition will have to park and unload their horses in the public car parking area behind the timed event box which will be closed to the public for that day.
35. Designated warm-up areas and times for competitors on Thursday 11th August will be posted at the Secretary’s Office or advised via email.
36. Local All Around - must live within a 500km radius of Mount Isa to qualify.
37. 2nd Division All Around - same rules for the open would apply to the 2nd Division All Around.
GST APPLIES: Y
BB ROP SW L-Barrel L-BAR $10000.00 EF $189.20, BR $24000.00 EF $222.20, SB $15000.00 EF $189.20, TR $15000.00 EF $167.20
2ndSB 2ndBB $2500.00 EF $112.20, 2ndBR $3000.00 EF $112.20
J-SR J-Barrel $1000.00 EF $44.00, J-TR J-BAR $200.00 EF $24.20, J-Bull $500.00 EF $36.30